Monday, June 23, 2008

Oooooh My Aching Back!

Last night was a heck of a night with the boys. They fought us going to bed, Chase woke up at 3 to eat which woke Dylan up because he wasn't sleeping good. Then at 5 Gavin woke up crying because his toe hurt and he needed ice for it.
That discussion woke Dylan up who then wanted to sleep in our bed, and I told him he needed to sleep in his bed and to lay down and go to sleep. His response to that was jumping out of bed deliberately disobeying and glaring at me while he did it. I told him that just because it was early in the morning didn't mean he wasn't going to be disciplined.
Of course all this commotion woke up the baby, and so I took him and rocked him back to sleep. Well 20 minutes later Dylan comes prancing into our room. I'm exhausted so I gave in (I know bad parenting!) and he slept with us, but his leaving the room woke chase up again and he was ready to play! So I brought him into our room too, so I could nurse him and sleep at the same time.
Needless to say the sleeping arrangements weren't comfortable.
This morning I woke up and rolled chase off my arm and twisted to get up out of bed and I felt a sharp jabbing pain in my upper back by my left shoulder blade. It took me a minute and I stood up, and I felt sick and like I was going to faint. Then I started shaking uncontrollably, and my back was spasming. It was the weirdest feeling in the world and I had no clue what I had done.
I called my mom who was on her way to work, and she turned around and headed toward my house. She called Brian (my brother-in-law) who waited with me until she got there.
Thankfully the boys slept through it! I was praying so hard they wouldn't wake up, especially chase, because I wouldn't have been able to pick him up.
After my mom got there, Brian took me to the chiropractor. He did some electrical stimulation and then adjusted me. He told me that I had "drunken palsy". Which he explained to me by saying "Imagine a bunch of college guys going out and getting waisted, coming home and passing out in whatever position they landed in. Usually in the sitting or more upright positions (like a recliner and basically goes into little knots. Sort of like a charlie horse in your back." So now I have to take it easy, and ice it all day. I have another appointment tomorrow with him, and we'll see how it is.
It feels a bit better, but my head is starting to ache now and I'm afraid it's going to turn into a migraine. So if I could ask for prayers in that department it would be really helpful!
What a week to do it in too! Chris is working in Newton this week and they have a deadline to be done by so it's going to be from sun up to well after sun down that he'll be gone. So taking it easy wasn't really in the plans. My house is already a mess and it's only the first day! I'm praying it feels a lot better tomorrow and I can do more!